Sunday, March 18, 2012

NaNoWriMo

so what is NaNoWriMo and why the heck am I talking about it in March?

Well, that is national novel writing month, which is actually November. Its where you try to write a 50,000 word book in a month, the trick is you don't edit it as you go, you just write. For more information on it, check out this website. http://www.nanowrimo.org/en

Anyways, last November was my first time attempting the challenge. Lets just say, I failed. I got to about November 20 with 30,000 words, and my laptop died.

but that's not the point of the story. the point is, i ended up with a 30,000 word story. Incomplete and very unedited, but still, that's a long story. Now, even though I didn't finish it, I'm going back and editing it. Why in March, I have no idea.

Well anyways, this is what my story is about:

Sapphire has always lived and preformed in the Circus, but the circus isn't quite normal. Working for competing nobles, they are attacked by a rival group while trying to capture a man of interest for a job. The circus destroyed, the ringleader dead, everyone thinks their group is finished. But not Sapphire, who with her companion and cat Lily, is ready to get revenge on the group who destroyed her home. But can she, when she knows she's starting to fall for a boy who's part of that group?


Like I said, its not finished, so I don't really know where its going or how much I'm going to change. I didn't plan anything before I started writing this, so it was all planned as I went along throughout the month.


Well, the main point of this blog was to let you know what I am up to, and so you know you should try NaNoWriMo this year in November. Its worth it.


Bye :)
~Rea

No comments:

Post a Comment